Skip to main content
Beantwoord

Alternative router with Odido fibre internet + telephone

• 16 July 2024
  • 5 reacties
  • 80 Bekeken

I am trying to set up a TP-Link Omada system at home. My Odido subscription includes fibre internet + telephone. If I understand correctly (from another post somewhere here), Zyxel routers don’t have a bridge mode. It means that I should just replace the Odidio Zyxel router with an Omada router (er707-m2 in my case). See this other thread:

Does it mean that I cannot combine Omada with the telephone service from Odido (since it requires an Odido router)? Or is there a way to have both?

5 reacties

Reputatie 2

I am trying to set up a TP-Link Omada system at home. My Odido subscription includes fibre internet + telephone. If I understand correctly (from another post somewhere here), Zyxel routers don’t have a bridge mode. It means that I should just replace the Odidio Zyxel router with an Omada router (er707-m2 in my case). See this other thread:

Does it mean that I cannot combine Omada with the telephone service from Odido (since it requires an Odido router)? Or is there a way to have both?

according to this post:

you can connect the Omada router directly with the mediaconverter.

Read the post carefully.

according to this post:

you can connect the Omada router directly with the mediaconverter.

Read the post carefully.

I read the whole thread, but I don’t think telephone connection or setup is mentioned there at all, is it? I would like to keep using my telephone (or, if there is a known alternative, I am happy to consider that as well. I have a simple Gigaset DECT phone now connected to the Zyxel modem.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @texnic 

You can purchase a VoIP ATA/adapter for behind your TP-LINK.

Example

Hello @texnic 

You can purchase a VoIP ATA/adapter for behind your TP-LINK.

Example

Thanks for the input, I am not familiar with this technology. Will it allow me to keep my Odido number? Is there anything I could read about it?

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@texnic 

You can connect the Omoda to the mediaconverter and assign VLAN 300 DHCP to the WAN port, connect the VoIP ATA to a LAN port and configure the VoIP ATA with the required VoIP details, you'll keep your Odido number.

Zyxel > Omoda in the DMZ of the Zyxel is also possible.

Reageer