Skip to main content

I am getting pretty upset and frustrated with this service. I have just moved my thuis internet from kpn to odido and want to move my SIM only over to odido as well, however, not only do you deny me a contract with phone because I have a European id card, no the website also denies the SIM only although it says I can only get that with my ID card. (How to get discriminated for being European, go to odido?) After looking for multiple alternatives on getting a phone I still get denied with no reason behind it. This is not only ruining my bundle I had with kpn but actually costing me more in the long run!

Hello @Johnrichards1991 

With an European ID card you can only subscribe to a sim only subscription and if you want a phone aswell than you can choose to pay the full amount for the phone directly.

https://www.odido.nl/service/bestelling/mobiel

If there's a problem and you need help than you can also place your order in an Odido store.

if these dealers only ask for a Dutch passport or identity document and do not check whether someone meets another requirement to qualify for the device credit, this inevitably leads to direct discrimination. There is no legal exception for this in this situation. The discrimination is then automatically prohibited.  

@Johnrichards1991

As stated on the Odido website you can subscribe to a sim only with a Europian ID but if you want a phone aswell than you need to pay all the costs for the phone directly.

Hi @Johnrichards1991, we are glad to read that you are thinking about Odido! I would like to give you more clarity on this situation. For a Sim Only subscription, having a European identity card or a foreign passport is indeed sufficient. If you would like to have a subscription with a device credit, you will need one of the following documents, because we have to register it. You can read all the information about taking out a subscription with phone credit on this page of our website. These are the documents you can use:

• Dutch European ID card
  • Dutch driving license
  • Dutch passport
  • residence permit type 1-5
  • residence card type EU/EEA
  • residence card family member EU/EEA
  • privileged document

However, you can still choose for a subscription with a phone if you pay off the device in one go. 

If you have additional questions, just let us know. We are here to help!

Reageer