Skip to main content

Hi there. I am leaving the Netherlands and therefore need to cancel my home Internet subscription with Odido. I understand one month notice is required. My requested  termination date is on September 30. Please let me know how to ensure this is done and steps to return the router. 

Additionally, I have a mobile subscription with Odido that would also need to be terminated. Could this request be processed for that too or would it be best to raise a new request on the Mobile community?

Thank you. 

Hi @nahjannordin, thank you for contacting us.

Since you are no longer under contract, I can take care of this for you immediately. I have cancelled your contract as of 30-09. You will receive a message about this shortly. You have a T-50 modem that we do not need to return and you can drop it off at a recycling center. I wish you good luck abroad and a pleasant afternoon! 

For your Mobile subscription, I will tag my colleagues here to help you. @Marciano van Odido or @Pharwin van Odido, could you help @nahjannordin with the cancallation? 

@nahjannordin No problem, I'm happy to help you with this! I see that your number ending with ***8312 in contract was through 6-8-2024. I can cancel this one for you with one month's notice. The earliest I can discontinue it is 14-09-24. Before I can take care of this for you, I need to do an additional verification to make sure you are the right person. I have just sent a verification code by SMS to the number. Could you share it with me? Then I'll go ahead and complete the cancellation for you! 

@nahjannordin No problem, I'm happy to help you with this! I see that your number ending with ***8312 in contract was through 6-8-2024. I can cancel this one for you with one month's notice. The earliest I can discontinue it is 14-09-24. Before I can take care of this for you, I need to do an additional verification to make sure you are the right person. I have just sent a verification code by SMS to the number. Could you share it with me? Then I'll go ahead and complete the cancellation for you! 

Hi Pharwin, thank you for taking action on this. I will still need to use my mobile phone! Could you please ensure the termination date is October 1, 2024? It is also ok if you keep the billing cycle where the last date is therefore 6-10-2024.

note: SMS verification is 820873.

@nahjannordin No problem, I can process the termination for you by Oct. 1, 2024. From that date your subscription will be discontinued. Just a double check: do you want to cancel the subscription and don't need the number after Oct. 1? Or would you prefer your subscription to be converted to a PrePaid connection from October 1, so your number will still remain active? 

I'd love to hear what your preference is! 

@nahjannordin No problem, I can process the termination for you by Oct. 1, 2024. From that date your subscription will be discontinued. Just a double check: do you want to cancel the subscription and don't need the number after Oct. 1? Or would you prefer your subscription to be converted to a PrePaid connection from October 1, so your number will still remain active? 

I'd love to hear what your preference is! 

Hello again Pharwin. Thank you. Please indeed only terminate this number on Oct 1, 2024.

Regarding your question, a clarification question before confirming the final action: if it the number is maintained as a prepaid, what is the conditions to ensure it is active? For example, does it automatically become inactive if it is not in use for several months? 

@nahjannordin with PrePaid, we prefer that it always be actively used once every 6 months. This way numbers do not remain active on our network unnecessarily. 

By active use we mean: 

• Calling yourself (if the call is answered)
  • Recording someone else's voicemail
  • Sending text messages
  • Top up credit yourself
  • Mobile internet
  • Forwarded call (only if the party forwarded to accepts the call).

Under no active use

• Being called (picking up or not makes no difference)
  • Outgoing calls that are not answered
  • Own voicemail that is recorded
  • Text messages received
  • Top-ups made by Odido itself (for example, as a promotion or via the goodwill tool)
  • Forwarded calls (if the party forwarded to does not answer the call)

You get after those 6 months of inactivity, always 1 more month to make use of it and you also received several reminders about this. Otherwise, the number and the PrePaid connection will expire. I'd love to hear what your preference is! 

@Pharwin van Odido - thanks for the explanation, very helpful. I doubt I will be back in the Netherlands in less than 6 months therefore please go ahead and terminate my subscription and number entirely on Oct 1, 2024.

Could you confirm: no additional cost or action on my end once this is completed by you? 

@nahjannordin No problem! I have just processed the cancellation for your mobile subscription. It will be discontinued on October 1, 2024 and I have also sent you a confirmation email about this. Since you are already out of your contract period, this is completely free of charge. 

If there is anything else I can do for you, feel free to let me know. For now, I wish you a great time abroad! 😄

@nahjannordin No problem! I have just processed the cancellation for your mobile subscription. It will be discontinued on October 1, 2024 and I have also sent you a confirmation email about this. Since you are already out of your contract period, this is completely free of charge. 

If there is anything else I can do for you, feel free to let me know. For now, I wish you a great time abroad! 😄

@Tommie van Odido @Pharwin van Odido thank you for helping to complete the termination for both my Internet and mobile subscriptions! 

Good morning Nahjan, on Tommie and Pharwin's behalf; you're very welcome!😁

Hi @Pharwin van Odido or @Marciano van Odido - I’m wondering if it is still possible to change the option of mobile cancellation from termination to prepaid? I found out that I may still need my Dutch number even after leaving the country in a month’s time.

@nahjannordin That is certainly possible! Only then I will have to cancel the current cancellation for you first. I've just done that for you. It may take 24 hours before it is completely removed from our system. Then I can process a new cancellation for you with conversion to PrePaid. Can you comment in this topic tomorrow? Then I can check for you if it is possible then and make it happen for you! 

Pharwin, thank you! I’ll comment tomorrow but may I check — no charges or penalty incurred? Also would I still be subject to 1 month notice to make this change? We should be ok to make this change now but good to clarify!

@nahjannordin  I have checked again and I see that your cancellation has now been cancelled. I can take care of the conversion to PrePaid for you! No worries, there are no costs involved and it is completely free of charge. As of what date can I set the conversion to PrePaid for you? Did you want it on October 1 or another date? The earliest possible date is September 29, 2024 due to one month's notice. 

Feel free to let me know and I'll make it happen for you! 

Hi again @Pharwin van Odido , thank you for actioning on my request 😊 in terms of date - Oct 1 please. Could I also ask about payment and cost once the numbrr is converted to prepaid — how much is the monthly and do I make payment on the app? Would there be an additional cost for roaming (as I would be out of Netherlands by Oct 1)?

Hi @nahjannordin I have just completed the conversion to PrePaid for you. Your subscription will be converted to PrePaid as of October 1 and I have also sent you a confirmation email about this. Don't worry, it will not cost you anything and you will not be charged anything monthly. This is only the case with a subscription and not with PrePaid. With PrePaid it all works with a credit. Once there is enough credit in your account, you can surf/call or SMS. After the conversion there is also € 5,00 PrePaid credit in your account. Internet abroad is also possible as long as there is sufficient credit in your account. You can always top up via your account.  All information about our PrePaid can be found on our website: https://www.odido.nl/mobiel/prepaid. 

If there is anything else I can do for you, please let me know! 

Thank you so much @Pharwin van Odido ! All clear for now, I will check out the prepaid website and reach out again if I have further questions.

Hi @Pharwin van Odido , I just realized the terms of conditions on prepaid (screenshot below) is that I must be in the Netherlands on Oct 1 so the connection could be made. Unfortunately I’m flying out on Sept 30. Could you please adjust my first day on prepaid to Sept 30 instead?

Thank you.

Hi @Pharwin van Odido , I just realized the terms of conditions on prepaid (screenshot below) is that I must be in the Netherlands on Oct 1 so the connection could be made. Unfortunately I’m flying out on Sept 30. Could you please adjust my first day on prepaid to Sept 30 instead?

Thank you.

Hi @nahjannordin, I take it over from my colleague Pharwin! It is indeed true that we recommend being in the Netherlands when converting your SIM card to prepaid, as we often find that problems arise when you are not connected to Odido's network. 

As you indicate that you are leaving on the 30th of September, I will have the conversion arranged for you on this date. No problem! You have just received a new confirmation email from me.

If you have any additional questions, feel free to let me know. Wishing you a good trip! 

Hi @Sam van Odido , thanks for making the change last time. I would like to double check that the change has been made? Nothing is different on My Odido (I understand I cannot access anymore if it has changed to prepaid). Im also flying out soon and wonder what would happen if prepaid conversion can’t be made as I would have flown out (not in NL for the technical requirement)? Thanks.

Update: it is 1-Oct, I just arrived back in my home country and it seems the change never happened (based on My Odido). Could you please ensure my number either does switch to prepaid or is terminated as immediately as possible? Thank you.

@Sam van Odido @Pharwin van Odido @Marciano van Odido I would appreciate very much if one of you could please assist to clarify why the change to prepaid did not happen. I did receive an email about it for Sept 30 change, as last discussed with Sam, but on My Odido it looks like the next billing cycle on Oct 7 will proceed as usual. I disagree with this as I’d reached out as early as 2 months ago per this thread. I would like to resolve this soonest possible as I have left the Netherlands.

Hi Nahjan, good of you to follow up on this! I've looked into your account and I see that Sam requested your subscription to convert to PrePaid on September 30th. However, I see that this request is still in progress and the start date of PrePaid is set on today. Let's wait until tomorrow morning, because your subscription should change to Prepaid somewhere today/tonight. Thank you for your patience!

@Marciano van Odido thank you! I am already out of country and concerned whether the change could still be done. Do I leave the network on (it will pick up a local network here) or keep the phone on switched off?

Hi @Marciano van Odido, it doesn’t seem anything has changed. Could you proceed to terminate the number as changing to prepaid clearly doesn’t work? Thank you

Reageer